We are excited about the upcoming track and field season at Wimberley Junior High. This year we have 5 track meets, 1 that will be hosted at Wimberley Texan Football Stadium. Here is some general information about how track season works.
Track Meets: More information will be made available as we get closer to the meets
- Tracks meet traditional run between 3:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Parents are asked to watch their child compete designated areas, athletes can visit and talk with parents once they are done competing in said event.
- Once student athletes are done with all events, unless they are an alternate for a race or relay they are free to leave once their parent has signed them out with the coaches.
- If your child is riding home with another parent then they are to have a letter to Coach Proffitt or Coach Carter before the team leaves for the track meet.
- Track meets are long and sometimes cold. We ask that all athletes come prepared for any weather. The only thing that will cancel a track meet is rain.
- We ask that parents send money with their student athletes to eat out of the concession stand, we will not be doing team diners for the athletes as in other sports.